Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont
  Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont
 

Burket-Truby Funeral Home of Oakmont

This picture captures a beautiful scene of our Annual Family Remembrance Night where we honor all those loved ones that we have lost within the past year. This is such a special night, and we thank all who attended.

Leonard P. and Mary Frances Burket purchased the residential property at 421 Allegheny Avenue in 1953, from the Ella Glass Family. They opened the Leonard P. Burket Funeral Home on July 1, 1954. The front property (the main large building) was built around 1899; the back portion of the property (now the blue room or lower level) was a separate smaller house which was built in the 1850's. In 1955, the Burkets added a large chapel/viewing room to the side of the funeral home. They continued building onto the back of the funeral home but never combining the two. Russell E. Truby started working for Mr. Burket around 1979 and continued working for Leonard approximately two years. Russell E. and Janice L. Truby purchased the property known as Leonard P. Burket Funeral Home in 1981. The Trubys acquired the new name of Burket-Truby Funeral Home Inc. It was a very cold and snowy New Year's Eve, with a quick changing of the sign and a heavy heart, because the first client to be handled by the new Burket-Truby Funeral Home was Jan's Grandfather, Robert Daniel.

The Truby family continued to grow and serve local residents; they also started to service other communities such as Cheswick, Harmar, Springdale, O'Hara Twp, Fox Chapel and reaching many families in Penn Hills. Due to the continued growth, Burket-Truby Funeral Home needed to expand one more time. The Trubys joined the two houses and converted the back house into a beautiful viewing area with 17 foot ceilings and a large fireplace. A covered patio was also added which flows off of the new viewing room and is furnished with wicker furniture and is available during seasonal months. Off-street parking was expanded many years ago with the association and friendship of the Riverside Presbyterian Church which now continues as the Riverside Community Church. The future plans of Burket-Truby Funeral Home are for a formal ramp entrance, followed by a formal lobby and two new ladies and men's room.


Originally built by the J.C. Glass Family in Oakmont, PA.


At present, our funeral home has to offer:
  • Four large modern viewing rooms
  • A lounge in the lower part of the building offering coffee and a children's corner with games and coloring books
  • Several sitting areas
  • Four fireplaces
  • Two porches with comfortable wicker furniture
  • Beautifully landscaped grounds
  • The Funeral Home is decorated to make you feel comfortable and at home